Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday Night and Almost Finished Quilt

Hi everyone!

We are back in our Kingston home after a week at our Edmond home.  It is SO GOOD to be back home.  This is our REAL home.  The other home is just because we have a business in Edmond and we got sick of staying in a hotel when we were there.

Only thing is, I really miss my sweet great grandson, Luke.


I have something to show you!

I spent most of yesterday and today on this, and it still needs a binding, BUT I want to show it to you anyway.

It is loosely hanging from the bar, so it isn't flat.  You can see how nice it turned out though. 



This quilt design is called Lucy's E2E (Edge to Edge) from My Creative Stitches.  I paid $5 for it!  WELL worth it.  I really like it.

It is a Queen size quilt.  It was a kit I purchased from Craftsy called Spring 2017 Quilt-Along Flower Basket Kit.  I believe they are all sold out of it now.

As is true with most quilts, it is WAY PRETTIER in person. 

I've got to square it up and put the binding on it.  Give me a few days.

Jerry is watching the Super Bowl (yuk).  I'd rather be quilting if I wasn't exhausted from finishing the baskets.  Gotta work at our store tomorrow, but I'll try to get back soon for a new video.

Have you seen this one:

I have made SIX of those now.  They are really wonderful.  Gave one to Phylly.  Made a tutorial for you, but it is such a mess, I couldn't get it edited to make sense.  Too much time in between clips.  Blame it on Luke.  (-: 

Besides, you can go to Youtube and watch Rhonda make it HERE

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

7 comments:

  1. Dear Joy, Your grandson Luke is just adorable. Your quilt is beautiful. I just love Pink Roses. Enjoy them both Kind regards, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy. I love reading your blog and videos you always make me smile. What a gorgeousboy luke is I can understand why you want to snuggle him up. The quilt is wonderful you are very talented. Look forward to more from you.
    Wishing you and your family every good wish for the future.
    Best wishes Jennifer from England xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy.?... I too took care of my mom at home with dementia..you and I are the same age and my mom passes away 6 MO before her 90th birthday...I also have 3 siblings who never acknowledged my mom for 45 yrs.... you must remember what you do for your mom is extraordinary. ....your baby Luke is just precious. ..the only differences we have is my 6 grandchildren are all under7....
    I'm crying watching your video about your mom's birthday miss my mom so much..... Please remember..you have not let her down that's on your sibling keep up the blog and videos, ,,
    God bless
    Connie in CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Joy, I just luv you to bits! You always make me smile when I watch your videos...thank you! :-) Now, on to my comments on your postings above. Luke is so sweet and precious - what a bundle of joy and amazing gift from God! Such a cute pic - love his smile!

    And, your quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS! I want it!!! You did a wonderful job on it and picked the perfect quilt pattern to complement the lovely florals. It's truly beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing the link to Rhonda's video. I'll watch it later today. I watched your video and enjoyed it so much, as always.

    Your momma is darling and such a sweetheart! I always enjoy seeing her in your videos. My mum (and dad) are with the Lord now, and I'm so glad you still have your momma. God bless you for cheerfully sharing your home with her. It's the right way to treat our parents; but, sadly, most people are too self-absorbed to do what you're doing. I respect you so much for being a kind and loving daughter to your sweet momma.

    Keep those videos comin', girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I tell you how beautiful that quilting is?!? LUKE'S quilt is absolutely adorable!@💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you do is wonderful. That quilt for Luke is precious. Your right, he will drag it around and wear it out, but that is what you want. He will hold it in his heart all of his life. Then you can make him more. I swear you are always so upbeat it does me good to come to your blog. Love seeing all the notations of each and all of your family blessings. Thanks for giving us your time and your love.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy