Sunday, February 11, 2018

Animal Whimsy Quilt, Thanks for Mom's Mail and Happy Valentine's Day

This is the third quilt I've made for Luke and he is not three months old yet.

The boy is going to have to have a yard sale when he is a teenager to get rid of all the quilts his great granny made him!

It is a darling pattern called Animal Whimsy.  Here is a pic of it.
Amy Bradley Designs ABD258 Animal Whimsy Quilt Pattern

I quilted it simply with some animal sounds and some animal names.  Wish I had thought of it sooner so I could have planned it out better.  I got all confused when I couldn't figure out what sound a rabbit makes, and I wasn't sure what horses say either.  I thought it was "neigh" but that looked funny, and "nay" looked like "hay".

I should have made the rooster because I could have put "cock-a-doodle-doo", but what does the hen say?  Maybe "cluck-cluck" -- or isn't that the duck.  No, the duck says "quack". 

Or the pig.  I could have put "oink".

Or the donkey.  I could have put "hee haw".

Or the sheep.  I could have put "baa baa".

Does anyone know what a goat says?

Anyway, Luke isn't going to care, and I bet in a few years he will know what sound ALL those animals make, and he can teach it to his Great Granny Joy.  

But for now, here is the quilt I made for his portable crib.  It matches absolutely NOTHING in the room it is in, but I don't care.  I hope he drags it all over the place and wears it out.


Thank you all for your nice comments when you saw this quilt on my VLOG here:

I know other Bloggers and Vloggers feel the same way, because they say they do, about how much your kind comments brighten our days.  

And thank you again so very much for those of you who send my Mom mail.  She is always so excited that someone sent her something -- anything -- because it makes her feel remembered and cared about.  She is to the point she can't understand what is written or why the card came, but she is always happy that something came to her in the mail, and we always make sure she reads the cards, or we read them to her.

My new baby Luke will arrive here on Friday.  He already thinks his Great Grandma's face is a pink rectangle with a hole at the top.  His Daddy just got used to it, and he and his siblings always posed and smiled and said, "I love my Grandma!" on command.  (Instead of "cheese".)  They were the light of my life when they were growing up.

Jerry and I did Valentine's today.

We had to go to Best Buy to buy a new monitor for one of our employees.  While there, I wandered around a little and something caught my eye.  Fortunately, I could use Valentine's Day for an excuse, and Jerry was his usual generous, sweet self, and told me I could have it. 

I took a pic for you:


It is a lap desk that has a mouse pad and a place for my phone.  I had to get a wireless mouse to go with it, of course.  I am really enjoying it right now as Jerry lays beside me watching the Thunder play.

After that, we went to Red Lobster where I had a $32 lobster dinner.  I told Jerry it was too expensive, and he said, "Get what you want!"  So I did.  Jerry had a $30 dinner with crab legs.  So very good!  Then we bought groceries until we were both worn out.  It is always so good to be back home.

Be back soon my friends.  God bless you and your valentine.

Hugs, Joy

10 comments:

  1. Darling quilt you might have enabled me to buy a pattern for my GS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy I love the quilt it is just to cute! :) I just wanted you to know that I have been enjoying your video's. i love your spirit and just being yourself!! Its so good to see people that can be themselves!! Also wanted to let you know, that i order the sure fit designs dress kit and the accessories to go with it, from watching you. I've been quilting and longarm quilting since 2000. but know watching you and I love your tops, I decided to take the plunge lol I have also told my family I was a quilter not a seamstress lol, so know i get that look from my four kids :O lol my husband (gary) is a big supporter ( thank god) lol he was shocked at first and thought i was kidding, but when i came home with a dress form, and then told him about sure fit designs, he said, guess your serious about this, i said yup want to learn how to make tops. so he said to go for it!! wish me luck that. lol in the meantime, please keep doing what your doing, and always know that its great to see real people an that we love to watch you. your a great inspiration!!
    God Bless! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joy, I love your videos and blog. Please tell you momma Ms. Marie Hi for me I wanted to send her a card but I have no idea where to send. I thought it was wonderful that you were going to buy a box and put all your momma's cards in there for her see all the time. you are wonderful to take such good care of your sweet momma. You have helped me so much with your SFD videos. I SFD. I have the whole system and i am getting ready to retire in April 2018 and I am going to buy a longer machine. I live in New Orleans Louisiana and the nearest Millie dealer is in Denham Springs. We are having Mardi Gras today in New Orleans. I got Seasonal Silhouettes i am going to do the quilt when I retire. I saw your video with Terry y'all were quilting galore. I plan on that too. I hope to meet you one day JOY. You have a GREAT blog and vlog, i love them both. I wish you well my friend you have taught this girl a lot. Kris Held in New Orleans, Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, I love reading your blogs. You are such a joy, a real person - what you see is what you get.
    Your baby Luke is fantastic. I understand why he has stolen your heart. My grandkids did, too.
    I love how you take care of your Mom. She is a real sweetie, too. I understand how it can be trying to take care of someone with dementia (been there, done that), so hats off to you. Keep your blogs and pictures going.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy watching you. Too cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baa Baa Baa. LOL it is called bleating. Sheep/goats/lambs – bleat, baa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Joy: You are an amazing woman! You always make me smile, and the loving, giving, caring person you are brightens the world! I am so very thankful you are on this planet. My hope is that everyone who follows you grows from the love you share. I'd love to be your neighbor, your friend, your sister, your daughter. You are my hero! Love to you and your family. I enjoy you so very much, and thanks for always sharing your family with us! Penny from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog Joy. I love seeing your Momma Ms. Marie. I think your personality is GREAT. I live in New Orleans, Louisiana I hope I get to meet you one day. You have definitely helped me with my SFD kits and creating my sloper. I like the shirts you have created. I have made several of the saf-t pockets simply tees. I am getting retire in April and I am buying a longarm machine and starting to quilt my own quilts. I am definitely watching more of your blogs. i didn't get to send your sweet momma a card for her birthday i hope to write her soon. Love hearing about your life enjoying all. My name is Kris Held and i enjoy your Vlogs and Blog very much. Thanks for all you do. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand your comment about the kids not really into your quilts. I was like that also. It just takes awhile. Like an artist, well you are, but they are never famous until they are gone. The kids will kick themselves someday that they weren't paying attention! Luke will adore the blankets when you see them and drag them around. I covet my grandma's quilts and my aunt made us one 50 years ago, it has many "patches" but it was "aunties" so we could never let it go! You do beautiful work so keep blessing the world with your art💕💕💕!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Joy!
    So glad I discovered your blog, I have really enjoyed it. You are so inspiring and honest and talented. I can tell that you really love what you do. Thank you for getting me excited about sewing and creating beautiful things again. Take care and God bless you, Joy. I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy