Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Birthday Pics AT LAST and Inspiration from Rhonda Buss

GOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNING!!!!

Isn't it a glorious day?

It is 16 degrees outside, and that means bugs are dying, and we won't have 50 trillion of them crawling and flying around when Spring comes!  YAY!

It is, however, sunny outside, and sunshine ALWAYS makes me happy.

And look what I found at Rhonda's place.  I love this because I have been hurt by so many people, as I'm sure you have been to.  People can be so heartless and cruel.  Some hurt you without even realizing what they are doing.  This -- in my case -- refers to those who have hurt me ON PURPOSE by their ugly words or actions.  But even then, God says to bless them.  God is so loving, and He knows that blessing them sets us free.  He can then deal with the offenders Himself!



And I promised you back on December 18th that I would EVENTUALLY show you pictures from Mom's 90th birthday.  Here they are.

Mom received nearly 40 cards from all of you.  Actually, a card still comes every few days.


Mom read EVERY SINGLE ONE, and she was so touched that people that don't even know her would be so kind.
 I helped her read the parts she couldn't make out.
We had all of Mom's favorite foods:  Grapes, Potato Salad, Chicken Salad Sandwiches and Purple Punch.

Notice the only sandwich below.  That is because Mom eats only ONE KIND of bread, and she only eats ONE HALF of a sandwich.  She didn't touch the cupcakes, because they are "bad for you", but she had lots of ice cream.
I went to the bakery and gave the decorator lady a drawing of a violet to use so she would know what a violet looked like.  She was a wonderful young lady, and she did EXACTLY what I asked her to do.  God bless her!

And here I am with Mom.  Terry, a professional photographer, took all the pictures that day.  She is so good to me.  WAIT until you see the quilt she just made for me!!!!!!!  (A later blog.)

The picture below was SUPPOSED to be a family picture with Mom and her four kids.  Sadly, I am the only one that was here although all were invited.  I am so thrilled to have this picture thanks to Terry.

This is a sweet one that Terry took:
This is Mom opening a fun card from my friend and neighbor Kathleen.  Mom was so happy all day long.  Her birthday could not have been more special.
Here, Mom just opened the warm fleece top I made for her.  It looks really nice on her, and she has worn it several times.
And here is Mother's most favorite preacher in the whole wide world.  This is Pastor Leon.  He visits her EVERY week, and he always wears a PURPLE shirt.  What a sweetheart!
And this lady is Dorine.  She is a nurse, and she has another full time job.  She leaves our house at 3:00 and goes to her other job.  Unbelievable!  She comes four or five days every week to care for Mom because she loves Mom, and we all love her!  She is like a part of this family now.  Notice that she also wore purple for Mom's birthday.  Mom is wearing an outfit I made for her, and it is her favorite.  Hence she is not wearing purple.  Mom will tell you many times a day that she is VERY BLESSED to have so much loving care here.
I've got THREE quilts in the works right now, and I'm stopping to make some fun notion holders, so I have to go!

Here is my latest video if you want to see what a "notion holder" is:



Go HERE for the excellent instructions at Rhonda's place, and don't tell my friends about this because they may be getting one!

Oh, here is the link to the frame you put inside:

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

7 comments:

  1. That notion holder is such a clever idea! Happy birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures of your mom & the party ! I commented on your last post but they didn’t show up for some reason . Your journey is very similar to mine. Your attitude & spirit are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special time and lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve tried several times to comment. But they don’t seem to be going thru .love you blog & the wonderful care you are giving your mom. I’ve had a similar journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve tried several times to comment. But they don’t seem to be going thru .love you blog & the wonderful care you are giving your mom. I’ve had a similar journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joy, Just reaching out to make sure that everything in your world is going well. The photos of your Moms 90th birthday look wonderful and she looks so happy and contented, I think that must mean you are doing a fabulous job in caring for her. Anyway, like I said, I was just checking in as you haven't posted in a while. Kindest regards and continued good health, Jen in Perth Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joy, I have been watching your videos for the last few weeks now, an I Love It!! Thank you for being You!!! I just love your spirit and energy. Just to give an idea of me, I'm 54 married for 35yrs to wonderful husband and have raised 4 children all grown now. threeboys and one girl. and my girl is a sgt in the army. I have three beautiful grandchildren that i love to spoil :) 2granddaughters and 1grandson. I have quilting since 2000 and longarm quilting since 2003.plus i think i have pick up every hobby from crochet to knitting making dolls and crafting lol and from watching you I am trying to teach myself how to sew. lol I'm so tired of trying to find tops to fit right. so after watch your videos an seeing your tops it got me going. :) so I had my hubby and daughter try to do the duck tape dress form. lmao we are going to try again lol Oh just so you know, your not alone, I am the type that when i start something i have to get everything for it lol. I have turned my oldest granddaughter (11) into a quilter, she has made two quilts. and wants my longarm because my son won't buy her one. He told her to go play at grandma's house lol. and my 8yr granddaughters loves doing crafts with my cricut machine. well i just wanted to stop by and say Thank You and that i do enjoy your videos so much and your spirit!! So please don't stop!! God Bless You!!!!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy