Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Busted Mom Out Tonight and VLOG

The hospital was really good and really awful.  Depended on what day and who was on duty.  Today, Mom was getting NO food, NO water, NO attention.  The doctor had discharged her, but hadn't told me until after lunch.  I wasn't prepared to get her yet because I didn't have Hospice for her yet.

I wanted to pick her up tomorrow morning and take her back to our Kingston home, and the nurse who called me this morning said that would not be a problem.

Tammy called me from the hospital several times and told me she was being ignored.

I called her nurse and asked her if I could come pick her up tonight.  She said, "OH PLEASE!  How fast can you get here?!"  (My interpretation.)  She obviously wasn't wanting to take care of my Mom tonight.

Tammy (my daughter) and her husband and Jerry joined me.  Mom was so happy to see us.  We got her out of the hideous hospital gown that they NEVER tied.  Poor Mom was uncovered half the time. Tammy constantly had to show the nurses and aides what to do and ask for some privacy.  CLOSE the door, at least!

Yep!

Busted Mom out of that unorganized, dirty hospital at 6 PM.

She is so happy to be home.  The hospital had her on a liquid diet which was absurd.  Mom can chew and swallow just fine.  I made her a shake and some toast.  We just watched her enjoy it.

We had to fill FIVE prescriptions.  Had to be done.  Serious problems with her heart are causing the strokes which, of course, affect her body's ability to do things.  Sad to watch.  She asked me if she was going to get well.  I told her she might be going to Heaven soon.  She said that would be fine because she wants to see her Mom.  Her Mom died giving her birth 89 years ago.  She was raised by her grandparents.

I made a VLOG this morning.  Here it is if you haven't seen it:

God is so good.

This is a wonderful adventure with my Mother, and I am so grateful for it.  I love her more every day.

Thanks for all the suggestions for my new StyleArc Kim top.

Hugs, Joy

5 comments:

  1. I hope the transition from hospital to your home goes well. remember to look out for yourself and Jerry too.
    Cyber hugs - you are doing a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all home. Dorothy said it best,"there'should no place like home." Enjoy this time with your mom. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bind the neckline and do blue sleeves :)
    So glad your mother has improved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your mother is with you and improving. I agree with Rhonda on binding the neck and blue sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your mom is home with you and will get the best care and personal attention that only a family member can provide. But please, don't be so hard on the doctors, nurses and medical facilities as they are but one person/entity working to make sure our loved ones CAN come home to us.
    Now, on to your garment. Love it. So many options. 1. A cowl neck in blue would look very pretty along with long sleeves with blue binding. 2. Leave it sleeveless and bind the neckline and arm openings in blue or black. That way, you can show off the gorgeous jewelry that you make. Good luck with whatever you do to finish your garment.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy