Sunday, October 9, 2016

Love Lit Diamonds and My Latest Purchase

I can't believe an entire week has gone by since Jolene was here.  It was the funnest of times, and I am already looking forward to the next time she comes.  Jolene thinks driving to an airport, taking a two-hour flight plus a two-hour drive is NO BIG DEAL.  She can do it any time!  I wish I could be that easy-going and relaxed.  I've been planning for weeks just to come to our other house, which is where I am right now.

I have something NEW and EXCITING to tell you about!

I received my Quilt Path Computer this week.  On October 19th, Brenda Shreve from Barnsdall, OK is coming to my Kingston home to install it and show me how to use it.  She promised I will be quilting with it BEFORE she leaves that day.

Here is a little video about it if you are at all interested:


The first quilt I am going to do with it is my Friendship Swap quilt that I have named:  Love Lit Diamonds.

Following will be the charity quilts for the little boys I told you about.

If my phone wasn't currently in my husband's truck, and my husband's truck wasn't currently at our OKC store, I would show you a picture of Love Lit Diamonds.  It seems to have lights flickering in it.  It really is quite pretty and unusual.

I did not have a pattern for the quilt.  I found this picture of a granny holding up a completed quilt.  I STILL have not found a pattern for it which I really needed because I could not figure out which way to press the seams.  I ended up pressing them all OPEN because I could not make them work otherwise.

I printed out this picture, and I drew around what I decided the block must be.  By some miracle, it turned out great.  I would really like to know how it should have been pressed though.

My friend, Jolene, gave my husband some pretty blue batik fabric for his birthday and informed me that I was to use my Sure-fit Designs to make him a shirt.  I told her Jerry wouldn't wear a shirt I made him, and Jerry piped up and said he certainly would wear it.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO, while I am up here this week, I may work on that project.  Only problem is, I didn't bring the fabric, but I can start with a muslin.

And guess WHO I am having lunch with tomorrow!?

You all remember her, I'm sure.  Princess Di and Jolene mention her all the time.  She is in a lot of my older videos.  Her name is Phyllis, but I call her Phylly.  I bet she will have on something gorgeous that she has made, and I will get the clothes-making but again.  Funny, I met her in an internet quilt group, and I don't think she has made a quilt since then!  I'll be seeing Margaret sometime this week too.

I would like to say that my new Administrative Assistant at the Kingston store is FAB-U-LOUS!  We get along so well, and she is doing an amazing job.  Praise God that my awful fears were just a waste of perfectly good time, and things at our store are better than they have ever been.  Turns out that was exactly the message of Pastor Hagee this morning.  I don't know WHY I fight change so much.  I've always been most comfortable with rules, schedules and routine.

I think I'll go check out the Sure-fit Designs men's shirt kit.

Have a fabulous week my friends.

Hugs, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Love the quilt in the picture, but I've no advice to give over the pressing. Good luck with the shirt! I'm very interested in your journey as my husband would benefit from some that are tailor-made for his body..... (I'd rather be selfish sewing) Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to press open. Probably it was your best choice with all those seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your quilt came from the Edyta Sitar book, Friendship Triangles, so I ordered it. Not in there! Pooey. I do like your quilt and the half square triangle technique so want to give it a try. I have been looking online for the pattern and so far, have not found it. It must be out there though. Barb in Arlington, Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. I believe that the pattern is similar to the "Four Seasons Block." Jenny Down has a youtube video with this pattern. https://youtu.be/L43Uc9H_RUA The first quilt that I made this year used this HST block.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy