Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A New Venture and Stuff Di Made Me Buy (-;

Hello everyone!

Hopefully, all of you know I have a video channel on You Tube, and you can watch my videos there whether I plug them in here for you or not.

Here is the latest one that I made in case you have not already seen it.  You can find out about my latest adventure.

This Friday, Terry and I are driving to Quilt Country in Lewisville, TX where I purchased my longarm back in 2006 from Connie Keller.  She is an APQS dealer, and she has lots of longarms in her studio.  She is going to show us the APQS Quilt Path computer.

After we see that, we are heading over to Mark and Joy's house for a demo on the Intelliquilter.  I have no idea who Mark and Joy are, but she HAS to be nice with the same name as me -- don't you think!?

I just got home from work a while ago, folded some clothes, wrapped a birthday present and packed it for shipping, and I am going to watch You Tube computer videos now.  Not the funnest thing to do, but I need to know what the difference is between the two computers

If any of you know about them, please comment.

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

5 comments:

  1. Exciting times ahead for you, Joy! Looking forward to to reading (or watching) your longarm journey. Great fabrics you bought and love the top you're wearing. Regards, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, you might want to go to the show in Houston this year before you buy - it's just around the corner! They usually have great deals on machines and/or computers offering thousands of dollars off. I bought my machine there in 2014 and I got a ton of freebies thrown into the deal. Stores will want you to buy from them and promise classes or customer service, but I disagree with that sales pitch. I can learn more on YouTube and anywhere there's a certified technician can fix a machine. I'll be at the show on Nov 1st (taking a bus with a group from San Antonio). At the very least, you'd be in "Quilting Heaven!" I'd love to meet you if you go. Email me at beckyleethompson at outlook dot com and I'll give you my phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, also since your machine is so new, you might be able to add a computer to it without purchasing an entire new machine. There's always an Intelliquilter booth at the Houston Quilt Show with a guy demo-ing these computers and he says they can fit just about any machine - and they are cheaper at the show http://intelliquilter.com/
    Since you are already so proficient on your own machine, you might be able to save a TON of money going this way.

    Sewing Machines Plus has a Quilt Butler computer. It may not fit your machine, but this link will give you something to study to understand about them. The ease of the computer to use is really key. http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/quilt-ez-butler-quilting-robot.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a joy to watch your videos. Your name says it all: you are a joy. Wish we lived closer to each other, Joy. God bless you. Good luck with your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blogs and admire your energy. I was wandering if you could send me the info on your very cool (hot!) Coffee mug you got for your birthday? I'm in the market for a new one and I'd like to check yours out.

    Thanks, Patsy

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy