Saturday, May 28, 2016

Quick Weekend Hello

This weekend hasn't turned out like I thought it would.  It started out with tears last night, but it has been very nice today.  This was a beautiful day.

We went out on the lake about 5 PM in Jerry's birthday boat.  The weather was wonderful with perfect water and perfect wind.  John skied and then caught two fish.  I made ham sandwiches, chips, dip, cheese sticks and cookies.  Whatever you make in a boat always tastes sooooooooooooo good.

This is John and Abner.  I always name the fish alphabetically as we catch them.  The second fish was Benny, but he was too little to keep.  It was getting dark, so we threw Abner back into the lake with Benny.


Lauren, John's wife, isn't here.  She left this morning to go to my daughter's house in Edmond because my granddaughter (John's sister) refused to come down here, and the two of them wanted to go shopping or something.  I am confused and frustrated as to why my granddaughter doesn't want to come here, but have decided not to let it ruin my weekend.  She used to love to come here.  I am very thankful to have John here.  He is always so sweet to me and his Papa.

I was able to get two more Seasonal Silhouette blocks stitched down after Lauren left.  It takes me an hour or two to do just one.  I still have five more to do (total of 12).

Now, we are upstairs in the movie room watching the Thunder game.  We HAVE to win this one!  Jerry enjoys the games so much, I have learned how the game is played (sort of), and I actually enjoy watching them too.

I made a new video for the lady who asked me HOW I COVER THE WEIGHTS I hold pattern pieces down with.  If anyone is interested, here it is:

Being on the lake has made me extra tired.  Think I'll go to bed early tonight.  I LOVE the way the bed moves up and down gently like on the swells of the lake after I've been out in the boat.

The other team just went ahead of us.  Darn!  Jerry will be so upset.  He left to go put the boat in the barn at half time.  

Be back soon.  Hope all of you are having a lovely long weekend.

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Joy, thanks for tutorial. I made these after seeing you with them a couple of years ago. I used the washers and the elmers glue, but they have been coming apart so I think I will use the E6000 as you suggest. I love them. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see your butterflies when done and also the silhouette quilt, too. I love that. I am very partial to anything flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I wasn't going to say anything but it is bothering me and worrying me. You mentioned the day started with tears, I hope not because of your granddaughter. She is young sometimes they just don't know that what they say can hurt. I want the rest of your holiday weekend is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. Kids don't like disapproving remarks from their Grandma who speaks up if behavior isn't proper according to Bible teachings they grew up with. I'm sure you can read between the lines. I taught them to stay on the "narrow road" the Bible talks about and to make right choices. When they don't, they don't want to be around their Christian Grandma who quotes scripture and insists on church on Sunday. This was NOT the issue, but an example. I do NOT allow anyone to sleep with their boyfriend/girlfriend in my house. I don't care if they have lived together 10 years. My goal in this life is to PLEASE GOD, not people.

      Delete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy