Monday, April 11, 2016

Jacket #3, SFD Vogue Copy and Souptij

Good Monday evening my friends.

I have garments to show you and a video.  I'll start with the video, and then I'll show you some pictures.  You won't know about Souptij if you don't watch the video.

That was "A Little Something" Jacket #3 BEFORE I put pockets on it.  It has issues in the back.  If I look in the mirror sideways, the lower, center back sticks out away from my body, instead of hanging straight down. 

I decided that MUST BE because I needed a larger round back correction.

There are also diagonal drag lines under the arms.  That COULD be because of the shoulder angle, BUT when I hold the paper pattern up to my shoulder drawing, it looks fine.  I'm not understanding that.  It, obviously, had not been pressed.  I knew I was going to have to wash it, so pressed it real good afterward.


After I took the picture above, I decided I wanted pockets in this jacket.  It was quite an effort for something that sounds so simple.  It took me hours.  This is what I came up with.

And, you can see that I am wearing the finished SFD COPY of the Vogue pattern that had the colored side pieces.  I think I did a pretty good job.  Glenda's video on how to eliminate the side seam was VERY helpful because I would have had it off-grain. 

Here is another view of the inserts at the side.

And a close-up of the pocket with gathers on the top and a binding as well as my new blouse which is actually the "muslin".  I may try it again with solid black inserts.  I've given up on the style with the band at the bottom.  I've decided that would just make my hips look wider.  Besides, I need to get on with my life!

I am almost done with Jacket #4.  I have to build the pockets and put them on.  I'll show you, of course, as soon as I get it done.

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Joy these are both gorgeous. I love that jacket and it's simplicity. It will fit over a lot of your things I imagine. And the top! Love, love. I have to add it to my list of summer tops for sure. Oh my! I have so many garment sin my head and am stuck on a vogue jacket that my SFD sloper couldn't help me with. Now to watch your video. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! You are such an inspiration. Back to the fabric store. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. If more human beings that write articles virtually worried themselves returned writing large content behind you, greater readers would be impatient of their writings. thank you for worrying nearly your content material. best copier

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy