Saturday, March 19, 2016

Free and WONDERFUL for Seamstresses

I can't BELIEVE this is available,

AND

It is FREE,

AND

It is EXACTLY what we all need to help with our fitting issues.

You may recall that I STARTED with Palmer & Pletsch before I bought Sure-Fit Designs.  I honestly would not have had the success I have had with SFD without my prior knowledge from P&P.  That could be JUST ME, but this blog is, after all, about just me.  (-;

There are lots of issues that you still have to correct even after using SFD to make your initial pattern, such as:  Forward Shoulder, Low/High Shoulder on One Side, Thick Shoulder Blades, High Round Back, Low Round Back, Sway Back, Large Arms, High/Low Hip, etc.

Click on the purple link below.

Scroll down a bit until you see the FIRST OF FOUR videos.

Then watch them in order.

FITTING YOUR PATTERN PRIOR TO SEWING

Below the last video, you will notice a place you can click on for a FREE Body Map and Guidesheet.

This is in conjunction with Fabric Mart fabric.  I have a ton of fabric from them.  They have half-price sales very often, and even 75% off.  I had to make their emails go to SPAM to keep myself from ordering fabric every week!  They have lots of knits.

The pretty blonde is Patty Palmer's daughter, Melissa, and the other girl is a buyer for Fabric Mart Fabrics, Julie.  Both are lovely.

Enjoy.

I am TRYING to make a video for you about how NOT to make a blouse, but I am having major issues with too many clips.  I keep getting the same clip repeating itself 2 or 3 times!  ONCE is enough already!

Hugs, Joy



7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Joy! You are a treasure!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy
    Thank you for sharing this link. I found it very informative. I also purchased the sure fit system. But have many fitting issues and until recently was not successful. Dress number 8 with help from mum and it fits! She lives in South Africa and I am in Australia, hence the long battle on my own. The Free Body Map is wonderful. God bless love Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Joy!! I have two of the Palmer Pletsch books, but these videos should be a great adjunct.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I feel like I just got a free P&P Crafty class with those videos! Thanks so much for sharing. I think I'm going to make that dress. I really enjoyed watching the details of the FBA. I have the book Fit for Real People but I don't have a fitting buddy so I haven't tissue fitted yet. Now I think I can give it a whirl on my own. I'll just have to put the tissue on and off a million times! LOL. :) Thanks again Joy. Your timing couldn't have been better because I was watching a Linda Lee Crafty class this AM on Sewing Fashion Knits. You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put Craftsy twice in my comment above and the auto-correct on my tablet thought it knew better... technology.

      Delete
  5. There's great info in those videos Joy. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy