Friday, October 9, 2015

So MUCH To Show You!

I just finished an 8-hour bracelet project.  The bracelet is very, very pretty, but pictures just do not do it justice.  Maybe my new friend, Jim, can give me some tips on how to photograph jewelry so the detail shows up.

The bracelet was made to match the blouse I made with the daisy fabric I purchased in Springfield.  I used my SFD pattern, but the blouse seems to need a bit of tweaking.  ORRRRRRRR, it could be ME that needs a TON of tweaking today.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE -- I beg you!  Do NOT tell a soul that it is 3:00 and I am still in my pajamas.

The SHAME!

I did put a bra on this morning, and I did brush my teeth, and I did comb my hair, but the rest of me looks like I need a major makeover!

It is the bracelet's fault!  It took SO LONG to make, and I didn't want to walk away or I would forget the complicated pattern.

NOW, I have to do this blog post, and on and on it goes...


I found a fun picture of Jerry and me about to step out the door to head for Branson.  That was a really nice day.  Jerry didn't even grumble when I asked him to pose for this picture.

And remember the Peggy Sager's diagonal skirt webcast?  Probably not.  Anyway, I did finish the skirt just before we left for vacation.  I snapped these pics, and then I forgot to show them to you.

This is a knit, and is really nice.  Not sure if I LIKE the diagnonalness of it.  I just grabbed that tee shirt from my closet for the pics because I thought I should have SOMETHING on over it.




I'm thinking of making a top that has the same diagonal line as the skirt at the top.  Not sure.

Oh, yeah!  I need to show you my newest creation.  I look too horrible today to pose with it on, but you will get the idea.




And for my friend that asked for more information on the BATTING CONTRAPTION, here are some close-up pics for you.  The pole goes through the center tube of the batting roll.



 You need to get some of these U-thingy's with holes in them.

Actually, Jerry may have drilled holes in them.  I told him I wanted these bolts hanging from the ceiling, and he did the rest.  To move them higher or lower, you just untie the knots and retie them.

Highly technical, lol.
I must get downstairs and upgrade my appearance before my hubby gets home.

I managed to get a pic real quick of the new blouse with bracelet before starting supper.  Spaghetti.  And I'm eating too!

It is FRIDAY!  Tomorrow is sweatshirt into jacket day.

Hugs, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photos of the Batting Contraption :) You are such a sweetheart for sharing!
    You have a natural flair for modelling your clothes and jewelry....that bracelet is stunning with your new blouse! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock that skirt Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt. I would like to find similar fabric iin my area. If not, the fabric store in Mo. Will get call from me soon. Not sure if will look as good as yours. I need more fabric like a hole in the head. If it work out I will let u know, if not I will learn something new.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Josie RN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Joyce -- you mentioned Peggy's September skirt webcast in your vlog (I think). I loved the webcast and ideas and want to make all the skirts. I'm working on the knit one right now but just realized I should have saved that material for the striped version. Oh well, I'm sure I can find another striped fabric. I like your version a lot. It's sort of a combination between Peggy's sheer and striped skirts.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy