Sunday, October 25, 2015

Jesus is Lord OF ALL, or He Isn't Lord AT ALL and Video

That was the sermon today.

You MUST put God first.  God is Lord of ALL, or He is not Lord at all.  The Bible says, "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you."

In order for us to do God's will, we must KNOW what God's will is.  The WILL and the WORD of God are one and the same.  It is not a recommendation.  It is a command.

How can we say we WORSHIP God when we don't even know Him or His son?

Adam's sin was putting his will over God's will.  Satan was kicked out of Heaven for the same thing.

It was a great message, and I'm so glad I heard it.  John Hagee is getting back to the basics that I was taught as a child.  He has no fear of politically correct garbage, and he preaches the truth -- like it or not.

Fortunately, I LIKE IT!  I want to live under a BLESSING, not a CURSE!  I ask God every day to please give me wisdom because the Bible says that the only way you can get wisdom is from God.

America would be a completely different country right now if our leaders had been elected because of their fear of God.  How can anyone not see that?

Hagee is preaching about all of the feasts.  I don't really understand all of that, but it is good to hear since all of those are obviously very important to God.  Today was the Feast of Tabernacles which is about FIRST FRUITS.  I learned that when I was a toddler.  My father new the Bible very well, and he taught it to us all the time.  Plus, he saw that we were in church at least 3 times a week -- Bible School every summer -- Church Camp after that.  I am SO THANKFUL that I was born into a Christian family.

I heard Joel Osteen preaching last week how God put you in the family you are in on purpose.  I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT!  God made it possible for males and females to make babies.  Babies are born into the family they were conceived by.  I cannot believe that God would choose to put babies into families that would sexually abuse them, beat them, not care for them properly, lock them in closets, and WORST OF ALL, tell them that there is no God or that they are to worship Satan.

That wasn't Hagee.  That was Joy.

You know you can go to www.getv.org and listen to all the excellent sermons there at any time.  The music is wonderful too.

I just watched A Night to Honor Israel where Pastor Hagee gave away hundreds of thousands of dollars to various Rabbi's and organizations that help the Jewish people.  How wonderful!

After church, I worked many more hours on a new necklace.  I started over at least six times.  This necklace is supposed to be a spiral, but I am having a hard time seeing the spiral.  I took a quick pic for you.


In this case, I am making the necklace FIRST, and then I will make the red blouse to go with it.

I have a feeling that this is HALF a spiral, and that is why it is so loose.  There is a design called a DOUBLE spiral.  That would be too heavy for me, so I shall leave this as it is.  Besides Jerry likes it this way.

Deb called me from Ozark today.  She still doesn't have her sweatshirt jacket done.  It takes quite a bit of time to make one.  I'm still waiting for my fabric, and then I will finish mine.  It isn't a masterpiece by any figment of the imagination, but it will be cute with jeans.  At least, that is what Terry tells me.

Terry is coming tomorrow to finish her Christmas table runner.  I will try to finish that necklace.

I was finally able to upload the Applique tutorial requested by Anne.  You can see it here if you are interested in my way of applique.

REMEMBER:  You can click on Youtube in the picture and you will be sent there.  Then click on the cog and choose "720" and everything will be in high definition.  Much bigger too.

Be back real soon.

Have a WONDERFUL, God-filled week and enjoy the falling leaves.

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy:
    Thank you for sharing with us how you zig-zagged your appliqué. It was a good tutorial!
    Good preaching too!
    BTW, after I watched your new video on youtube, my youtube automatically keeps showing other similar videos. Well, next 2 videos were about you showing us your 2 sewing rooms. A couple of weeks ago, I asked if you could show us around your sewing room (not knowing that you previously videoed it)--and, now I saw it--so thank you for sharing with us a view of your special rooms. Your big sewing room is a dream sewing room--very lovely! I also like your bright natural light in the room too. You are really blessed Joy!
    Margaret from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Joy, there is some really useful information here. Great to know how I might stop my Berninas from skipping stitches with certain threads. Regards, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy, I asked for the video and as usual you exceeded my expectations. Thank you. As a newbie to appliqué, I was thrilled with all the tips and your technique. Btw, I just received a catalog, can't remember which one, but it had the cutest Owl coffe cups....I thought of you. If you want I will find it again. Your bracelet definitely has a spiral to it. Love it. I made some bracelets using 15/0 delicate beads....so tiny, but it came out beatiful. It looks like an expensive silver bracelet designed by Stephanie at Bronze Pony on You tube. Take care, luv.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy