Monday, September 21, 2015

Teamwork Makes Dreams Work and Owly Update

That was Matt Hagee's message today.  He is looking SO handsome in his beard and 'stache.  We all must have a dream or a dream will never happen for us.  You must work toward whatever your dream is.  You can't HAVE a dream and not WORK to achieve it.

You must hire team members that are WILLING and ABLE.  Not easy to find that combination these days, but with God's help, all things are possible!

And Terry was here this afternoon to quilt the pretty black and white French Braid lap quilt she made for me because she is such an AWESOME friend.  The pantograph pattern is called FANTASY FLAME.

Here's a little VLOG I made for you.

When Terry left with my quilt, I had to jump into HIGH GEAR and get this sewing room cleaned up.  You could see a short clip in the video of the fabrics I have all over the place that I have cut owl parts out of.

I am not done chopping up fabric for owl parts by a long shot, BUT I have decided to put them all on hold until after Deb and I visit the big fabric shop in Branson.

And speaking of owls.

Here is a picture I have just PHOTOSHOPPED a few of the owls on.  They tend to look like cats before they are finished.  Some of the owls haven't been stitched around yet, so they look funny.  I painted a few outlines with PS on some of them, but I'm not very good at that.

Only eight of the owls here are finished with the satin stitching.

If anyone out there knows how to:  CHOOSE A SHAPE and have PS Elements AUTOMATICALLY OUTLINE IT, please let me know.  I can do it with my embroidery software, so surely, it is possible.

The owl in the upper right corner was outlined with PS.  Looks like I had a bottle of booze for breakfast!

Anyway, here they are so far:


How WONDERFUL are my falling leaves?!  That is a new Accuquilt die I purchased.  This quilt will have falling leaves from top to bottom when it is finished.  That was the part I really liked about it!

Gotta go.  I'm going to clean up this room, and then go to work.  Tomorrow, I will be heading to our Edmond home to get some things done there before we head to Deb and Jim's on Friday.  Jerry and I are SO EXCITED!   Thank goodness we are going in a VEHICLE.  Poor Terry has to go the whole way to Branson on a MOTORCYCLE!  And she thinks that is FUN!  And it could RAIN!  Oh, my!  Doug just bought her a cycle that is called a "trike".  I'll show you a picture when I get one.

Have a wonderful week my friends!

OH!  OH!  OH!

I wanted to show you this picture of an actual, real life owl, just in case you think my owls are strangely colored.  I looked up "owl images", and they come in every color under the rainbow.  I was really surprised.

How gorgeous is this white one with TURQUOISE eyes!?  My quilt will have one like that.

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. Love the lap quilt that Terry has made for you! What a great idea to carry it in the car. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.Looking forward to hearing all about it. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy