Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hello on Thursday

Hey everyone!  Decided to stay home from Jubilee tonight after another disappointing speaker last night.  Our preacher is so extremely good, that no other speaker ever seems to come close.  Hagee is good, of course, and Osteen is good, but they don't come to our Jubilee.  (-:

Andrew Wommack is speaking tonight, and it will probably be really good.  I can always get the CD though.  Terry has been there every day and every night working as a cashier.  Her husband has been working at some volunteer position as well.  I saw her for a while this afternoon, and she looked so tired.  She isn't feeling good.  If I was her, I would have gone to bed and stayed there.

I finished a cute project today, but I can't show it to you because it is a Christmas present for my daughter.  Sometimes, she reads my blog, and I don't want her to see it.

I've got a new friend.  I knew her many years ago when we first moved to the lake, but we only saw each other then because we both had a friend-in-common.  Her husband died in February, and I didn't even know it until Terry told me about it.  She is a darling person and is a few years older than I am.  She really likes me and says she loves that I make her laugh.  She said she hasn't laughed since her husband died.  She rode with us to Jubilee the last two nights, so we were together many hours.  She then came to my house yesterday and today to talk to me.

As it turns out, she is having all kinds of problems due to allowing family members to move in with her.  WHY do those type of parents become my friends???  They complain and complain and complain about the situation which they hate, BUT when you tell them that THEY are the problem, they give you a million excuses why they can't change.  She, at least, told me I was right.  She says she can't do anything about it though.  She did agree to make the person start paying her own way, but I don't know that she will.

Terry, also her friend, has told her the exact same things I've told her.  It is so nice to have another friend that agrees with me.  I don't feel like the horrible self-righteous ogre I've been accused of being by some.

I don't know if this lady will want to remain my friend, but I think she will.  She was really sad that I was leaving tomorrow to go to my other house.  She seems to be able to take advice as an attempt to HELP her, rather than an attempt to portray perfection on my part.  Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and we need to learn from each other.  If we spend much time together, I'm sure you will meet her on my BLOG one of these days.  I will certainly be praying for her daily because the situation in her home is really sad.

Not much to tell you.  I made a fun SHORT little video for you the other day.  If you haven't seen it on my Youtube channel, here it is:


Not much else to talk about tonight.

I'll be back soon, probably from my other house with the F A S T internet!  YAY!

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy