Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy Thoughts

I am so touched by the many very sweet comments I have received about my simple little blog.  Most of my own family thinks nothing of it, and I doubt that any of them ever even glance at it.  I know if any of my family members had a blog, I wouldn't be able to wait to read it.  Of course, I love reading and learning and getting to know people who do all the things I wish I could do.

My daughter, Tammy, reads my blog once in awhile, and once in awhile she is in it,  to my great delight.  She and her husband are vacationing in Santa Fe right now.  Tammy knits all the time and makes the most intricate, beautiful pieces.  She heard that there was a lot of yarn in Santa Fe, and her husband went with her to check it out.  She told me they were exploring a mountain today and playing with the groundhogs.  Tammy loves animals of all kinds.  She is the female Dr. Doolittle.


My sister, Janice, checks my blog once in awhile too.  She can out-sew me with her eyes shut, so I sure can't teach her anything about sewing.  I would love to spend a weekend with her in my sewing room, but I don't know if that will ever happen.  She doesn't drive very far from home these days, and she lives in Tulsa which is 3 1/2 hours from my house.  She HATES for me to take her picture, so I wouldn't be able to record the fun via photos or video.

Terry called me today.  I could NOT believe what she asked me if she could do.  I actually had thought about asking her to do it many months ago, but I was afraid she would tell me to take a flying leap into Lake Texoma!
Terry is a professional photographer.  She used to have her own business and did that for a living.  Hence, she has a REALLY NICE camera.  My little point and shoot camera will probably be embarrassed to be in the same room with her camera.

ANYWAY,

She asked me if she could bring her camera over and photograph each of our many pantographs and then make a catalog of them.

YES, YES, YES!  She certainly can.  I think I will run upstairs RIGHT NOW and take a snapshot of how we keep track of the pantographs now.

I'm sitting on my bed with a laptop on my lap.  Hold on.....................................


I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Here is the picture showing my current storage system for the pantographs:
If I pulled the basket of thread out, you would see a whole bunch more pantographs behind it.

Terry is coming over later to introduce me to a grandchild I haven't met yet.  I have WARNED HER of how I am with children, but she STILL wants to bring them over.  Her adorable little granddaughter, McKinley, drew me a picture when she was here one day.

I have it on my refrigerator, and I LOVE IT!


Cheryl asked me if she had to buy a Longarm in order to quilt.  The answer to that question is:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

Terry and I both started quilting on our regular sewing machines.  Terry bought a Flynn Frame (?) to quilt with but decided she might as well use my longarm machine since it is right here just begging to be used.  You can also PAY someone to quilt for you.  I bet Terry would do it.  It is a whole lot cheaper than buying a $21,000 longarm machine!

Note to Beth P:  Thank you SO MUCH for your lovely email and the information about the doctor.  You cheered my heart today, and I am so thankful.  I will certainly tell my friend about that doctor, although we are believing for a miracle that she won't have to see any doctor about it.

I've got to go back downstairs and make my dinner shake, but I'll be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joy, sorry that your heart is hurting right now and at the same time glad that you can share with Terry. I am glad you wrote some about your sister because I had often wondered where she lived. I have been meaning to ask you about the secret you mentioned a couple of weeks ago that you said you hoped you could share with us soon. Is it soon yet? Enjoy the sunshine we are supposed to have this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita,
      Forget the "secret". It didn't happen, so I'm so glad I did not mention it. It just means God has a better idea!
      Hugs Joy

      Delete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy